Sunday, October 18, 2015

Wedding DIY: Flower Crowns

Bridget & Joe-12
Our wedding was primarily garden themed and since it was in August we wanted a few seasonal accents…. in-season flowers, light suits for the guys, airy dresses for the girls… and flower crowns. Who needs a good excuse to wear a flower crown? nobody. They’re awesome. But I also thought they might be a fun addition for pictures and partying, adding to the boho flair in our wedding.

I found this very simple tutorial at Green Wedding Shoes. I did not use live flowers, but silk, and they came out beautiful! I raided the craft store for on-sale small flowers and went to work. My Sister-In-Law Julia got the hang of this way faster than I did – it takes a good amount of hand-eye coordination. Be creative, have fun with them, and don’t worry about messing up – you can always pull some flowers out and add others.

Bridget & Joe-10
Bridget & Joe-9

Bridget & Joe-356
Bridget & Joe-357
We also ended up making some big fun flower crowns for the photobooth and they were a huge hit!

 
Thanks for stopping by!
Cheers,
Bridget
XOXO

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I pinned this because I think my daughter might want one to wear to a dance sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you because you have been willing to share information with us. we will always appreciate all you have done here because I know you are very concerned with our. two dozen roses

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great content for your readers. Thanks for the blog loaded with so many information.
    Scottsdale Florist

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for every other informative site. The place else may just I get that kind of information written in such an ideal means? I have a venture that I’m just now operating on, and I have been on the look out for such information. florarie cluj

    ReplyDelete
  5. You make so many great points here that I read your article a couple of times. Your views are in accordance with my own for the most part. This is great content for your readers. flower delivery Frisco

    ReplyDelete