Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Spooky Spider Plate

Halloween is one of the BEST holidays of the year. Or maybe Fall is just the best season of the year and I love all that it encompasses. That seems more accurate. The brisk chill in the air, foliage, pumpkins, long sleeve shirts… I could go on and on.

Last year was the first year I started decorating for Halloween. Joe and I always get pumpkins but since we’re just starting out we our sincere novices in holiday deco – I think that’s how it starts though, right? You start one year and slowly build on your decoration collection and each year you get better and better at it. Last year I made a bunch of Plush Pumpkins and then raided Homegoods on November 1 for super cheap decorations. I’m trying to make more this year, so I’m starting with a Spooky Spider Plate:

IMG_20131014_161955_004

What you will need:
- Oil based paint pens
- Plate (any size you like, could be from thrift store or an extra from your cabinet. I used one from a set I bought that was discounted because some pieces were broken)

1. Clean your plate and dry well.

2. Find an image of a spider web online – or just wing it if you're confident! I did a practice draw with a pencil on a piece of paper.

3. Using your paint pens, draw out your web on the plate – it doesn’t have to be perfect – a little imperfection makes it look more authentic (at least I think so). Then draw in your spider.

4. I trimmed the edge with a gold paint pen to finish it off.

5. Lastly, put your plate in the oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

IMG_20131014_162038_770   IMG_20131014_162239_063

IMG_20131014_163225_791

My little display, most of which was grabbed on sale after Halloween last year – I’ve been waiting to put that silver skull out for almost a year!

Happy Halloween!

Thanks for stopping by!
Cheers,
Bridget XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment