Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Spoon Garden Tags

I’m big into porch gardening. Well, I guess I haven’t really had any other choice, so I suppose you can say I love to garden… and I do that gardening on my porch. I digress. This year, I have decided to plant more vegetables; there is something so exciting about growing your own food. To make something of sustenance from a blob of dirt and a seed is very cool. And very cheap. Ergo, very up my alley.
So this weekend I planted a few things; tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, green beans, peas, broccoli, spinach, and basil. But alas, the problem with seeds is… you have no idea what you plant where once you walk away. I don’t own any garden tags, but I did find some old spoons (you know, stolen from the college cafeteria, hand-me-downs and camping-only utensils). And I love me some chalkboard paint.

What you will need:
Chalkboard paint
Spoons
Paintbrush
newspaper to protect your surface
Ok, here it is: paint the back of your spoon with the chalkboard paint. Give it two coats if you went lightly on the first coat. Let dry according to package directions. Write your tags in chalk. Reuse next year when you try new and exciting plants!

2013-04-17 15.53.17
Did anyone else just notice that the article on the front page of this newspaper is a bunch of sweet ladies planting?

2013-04-17 16.24.25 2013-04-17 16.24.40
2013-04-17 16.25.01 2013-04-17 16.25.15 
2013-04-17 16.25.57 
This is my little work station. It’s an old pie rack that my parents were going to throw out. I took the top off and use it as outdoor storage and a work surface.
I’m out of old spoons now, so I guess I’ll just have to go to Goodwill and rummage through the pretty old silverware :)

Thanks for stopping by!
Cheers,
Bridget XOXO

1 comment:

  1. These are super cute! Thanks so much for linking this up to the Pinworthy Projects Party!

    ReplyDelete