Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Hearts Painting

I have to admit, I've never been a huge Valentine's Day celebrate-er. My philosophy has always been that one shouldn't pile their affection onto one day - the smaller, insignificant days should be the ones to  get the most love. BUT, I think I've caught the bug a little bit this year after seeing so many awesome posts on other blogs.
So I did a little digging in my craft piles... I had bought a few of these canvas prints on sale after Halloween (hello, $3). Canvas can get pricey so I scooped them up hoping to paint over them when the spirit moved me. And with zero Valentine's Day decorations (I must sound so sad! haha), I decided to give one of them a little LOVE (hehe get it?... I'll stop.)


Hearts Painting

What you will need:

  • Canvas (however you get your hands on it... I used halloween prints!)
  • Acrylic paint
  • Paint brushes
  • Index cards
  • Paper towels, paper plates, and newpaper for easy cleanup

Step One: Prep your canvas - I primed mine since I had to paint over a design. Then I painted the background blue. Let dry.



Step Two: Make a template for the hearts - fold index card in half and cut out design

Step Three: Go. to. town. Seriously... I just picked some colors and painted away by sticking that heart template all over and painting in the heart. Be careful overlapping the template onto wet paint, though. I wasn't too picky about precision lines, but if you want a cleaner look, just be careful with your template and maybe make a few templates to replace messy ones.




Ah, so sweet!





I hope you have as much fun as I did splattering some paint around!

Thanks for stopping by!
Cheers, 
Bridget XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment