Monday, November 19, 2012

Tile Coasters

          I have been in full blown gift mode for the past week and I’m almost giddy with all of the ideas swimming around my head. Not to mention that every blog I look at is also teaming with brilliant/sweet/pretty/trendy gift ideas. It’s a great time of year to be a crafter.
         One of my favorite gifts to make are these tile coasters – made from plain white ceramic 4x4” tiles and gorgeous scrapbook paper (which I have boxes of… from a long time, extremely slow moving scrapbooking period in my life). Talk about an inexpensive craft. The tiles cost me $.16 a piece. But these cuties come out looking amazing.

Tile Coasters

What You Will Need:
  • 4x4” Ceramic Tiles
  • Scrapbook Paper or Fabric cut into 4” x 4” squares
  • Mod Podge
  • Clear Acrylic Spray Paint
  • paint brush or foam brush
  • Optional: Felt Tiles or silicone caulking for bottoms


Step 1: Clean the tiles and cut your fabric or scrapbook paper. Here I used scrapbook paper.

Step 2: Apply a coat of Mod Podge to each clean tile. Place square of paper in center of each tile.

(I used a cereal box to protect my surface... good and thick so nothing will leak through)

Step 3: Let paper adhere to tile by waiting 15 minutes after applying. Then paint over paper with a coat of Mod Podge.


Step 4: Apply 2-3 more coats of Mod Podge, allowing 15 minutes between coats.

Step 5: Let Mod Podge dry completely.

Step 6: Take coasters outside and spray paint with clear acrylic paint. This will seal the coasters and make them waterproof. Let dry according to paint can instructions.


Step 7: Glue felt squares to backs of each coaster. Let dry.



Now… grab a drink! Enjoy your coasters!
Makes an awesome, personal gift :]

Cheers, 
Bridget XOXO


2 comments:

  1. This is a great tutorial! I haven't tried making like this before and I will try if i can grab some materials later and give it a try! This is a wonderful idea for christmas gifts! - jrsalescorp.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ceramic tile kentucky Very efficiently written information. It will be beneficial to anybody who utilizes it, including me. Keep up the good work. For sure i will check out more posts. This site seems to get a good amount of visitors.

    ReplyDelete