Saturday, November 10, 2012

Holiday Plates


          Woof, it has been a rough week here – the slew of storms (hurricanes, nor’easters… you name it, it happened here in the past two weeks) has knocked my immune system down and I’ve been battling a cold for a few days now.
          Last week I found myself in Homegoods (how did I get here?) and I raided the discount Halloween stuff. On top of that, I found a dish set on the clearance rack for $10 because one dish was cracked…. That’s 20 dishes for $10. All plain white. Amen.
So I stopped next door at JoAnn’s (Yes, it’s next door. Yes, it’s very dangerous.) and grabbed a couple paint pens. I previously used Sharpies to draw on mugs, which worked great, but I’ve been wanting to try these pens for a while and they aren’t that expensive.

This is what I did: I drew on some of these cute plates for sweet holiday gifts.
How did I do it?:  I cleaned the plate, drew on it with Sharpie paint pens, then stuck it in a 350F oven for 30 minutes.






I can’t believe I haven’t done this before. Imagine how good those $1 Goodwill dishes could look?? Amazing.
Let me know how your dishes turn out! I love your comments!

XOXO Bridget


3 comments:

  1. Brillant idea! Love reindeers :)
    Thanks so much for sharing the great tutorial!
    Happy week!

    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea....can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought a plate almost identical to this last xmas!!! -
    Will definitely be trying this out - thanks so much for sharing :)
    Hugs,
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete